Creative CV Examples & Templates
Most of the time, that first impression is made online via an online application, your website, an email, or even social media. Hopefully, you already have a strong website, either a personal portfolio or your freelance business site. And hopefully, your social media pages continue your personal or business brand look and feel. But what about your resume?
A well-composed CV shares all the most essential information employers need when considering you for job opportunities. By making sure your CV is comprehensive, correctly formatted and easy to read, you’re one step closer to landing the job you want. These CV examples listed below will give you inspiration on how to design the right CV for the job.
Benefits of using these professional CV templates:
- Completely free to download and utilise for personal use
- Free from any forms of watermarking and branding
- Easily editable and customisable using Microsoft Word
- You don’t have to reinvent the wheel; be more time-efficient by using a CV Template
You can also create your CV in minutes by using these 21 customizable templates or view one of the handpicked Creative examples. You will need to make a calculated decision on your own CV design. If your brand look and style of work is highly artistic, then, by all means, go all out. If, however, you are applying for a job in a less creative field, you may want to tone down tons of graphics and colors, and stick with a more corporate look that still creatively reflects your own personal brand.
Join over 260,000 professionals using VisualCV.
Sign up below to choose your template, import example content, and customize your content to stand out in your next job search.
And instead if you would like to write your CV starting from a scratch on your own, then please read my blog on How to write a Creative CV.
Visual CV helps you add a memorable touch to your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) – not only helping you format the content digitally but providing the tools to include bells and whistles to make you stand out in the crowd. Aside from the customization of the sections, there are the settings, where you can also change the color of the paragraph titles, the size of the fonts, and the margin of sections and paragraphs. Sadly the type of the font you are using cannot be changed in VisualCV as it depends on the chosen template; so unless you are a subscriber of VisualCV Professional and you can download your documents to Google Docs, the fonts will remain the way they are.
When you create your Visual CV, you’re creating a multimedia resume that can include audio and video, as well as a digital portfolio of your work. You can share your resume with the world, with a select group of people for networking, or keep it private until you’re ready to send it to an interested employer.
- Enhance and personalize your resume to include evidence of your past work, published articles, references, and materials that would be cumbersome to include in a physical portfolio
- Send your formatted resume digitally via pdf to potential employers
- Not looking for work? Create a Visual CV as a professional biography for clients, company promotion, or networking
- Take time to adjust your privacy settings to ensure that you’re sharing each CV (and the knowledge that you’re job hunting) only with those you want
- Traditional resumes often include personal data like home address and phone numbers. In most cases, you’ll want to limit this information on your Visual CV
- To prepare the best possible CV, take a look at the site’s “Insider’s Guide” for tips on writing your resume
- Try including a biography section, a list of latest ventures, or a section titled “see me in action”
- Look through example CVs to inspire your creativity
- The system is easy to use, even for novices
- Visual CV allows users to add graphs, charts, audio files, published articles, and other data to a resume
- The site makes it easy to share your resume digitally, as a pdf attachment or within Visual CV
- Users are allowed to create different resumes for different audiences
- Visual CV’s forum provides opportunities to network within the website
- Copying and pasting from Microsoft Word into Visual CV can lead to formatting problems
- Many of the resumes created in Visual CV include a photo of the job applicant. As workers outside the US know, this can lead to discrimination based on race, gender, age, or looks